Asana is a popular task management application developed by the former Facebook Executives Justin Rosenstein and Dustin Moskovitz. Initially, the purpose was to handle the internal coordination within Facebook teams. Later, when it showed some good results, the owners decided to launch the app publically in 2011.
Dustin and Justin attempted to create a handy tool that can channel the unclear responsibilities and scattered information. They also wanted to cut down the time spent on manual task management with an automated system.
With Asana’s modern communication system, you can say goodbye to your usual communications like e-mails. An interesting fact is that the TED team also uses Asana team management tool.
Features of Asana
Asana is known for its unique features. Some of the notable features are listed below:
- Organize Tasks. Using Asana, you can organize your tasks into three categories: Today, Later and Upcoming. You can pinpoint the tasks that need to be completed as top priority. The Organize Tasks feature allows you to forget about daily physical meetings and task assigning. This can be done within the application and shared with all your employees.
- Organizations and Workspaces. Asana platform is divided into two divisions: Organizations and Workspaces. People who sign-up with their company e-mail accounts will automatically be added into Organizations while the employees, clients or visitors signing up for a Asana username will be added into the Workspaces.
- Templates. With Asana, you get several templates that you can use. In addition to that, you can also add custom templates designed to best benefit your business needs. You can create checklists, questionnaires and task lists to address an individual team member or whole team regarding any specific tasks.
- Sections. You can break a specific task into further groups and sections. This helps in explaining to the team about the important sections of a single task that need to be completed as a top priority.
- Add keyboard shortcuts
- Amazing Email integration
- Option to add multiple tags to each item
- Available for Android and iOS
- Fantastic list of management features
- No credit card required for a free trial
- User-friendly system of following your tasks
- Personal tasks view to find all list of tasks assigned to an individual
- Free for up to 15 users
- Color code/highlight the most important tasks
Asana is available in two plans:
- Free. The free version allows you to perform basic task management options. It supports up to 15 users with unlimited tasks, projects, and conversations.
- Premium. If you have a bigger team, you can get the premium plan for just $8.33 per user per month. By doing so, you can add as many users as you want. Also, you can handle private teams and projects, add custom fields, advanced search, admin control, data export and much more.
Teamwork Projects is another popular team management application that helps you to reduce unnecessary meetings and get things done. Teamwork Projects is a platform that will explain to employees about the important tasks, assign a deadline to complete tasks and allow you to assign an employee to complete any certain task.
The best thing about Teamwork Projects is that your clients can see the work updates without having to bug you.
Teamwork Projects isn’t just available for your windows operating system. There are versions for your Android phone, iPhone, and iPad. As a business owner or a manager, once you start using Teamwork Projects, you don’t have to worry about managing your team manually anymore.
Features of Teamwork Projects
Read below for some outstanding features of Teamwork Projects:
- You can manage recurring content within a project with the Notebooks feature. Write guidelines, instructions, and to-do-lists for an individual or the whole team within a project. This can later be edited by the others.
- The Milestones feature gives you the opportunity to add important tasks within projects. You can add a deadline so your employees know when it must be completed.
- Time Tracking. Another wonderful feature that gives you a great overview on how long it took to complete a past project, and how you can make your time more productive. Also, this helps with billing.
- You can easily manage your work with the predefined templates. It will help you to save your time and energy.
- You can add notes on a certain task for an individual or your whole team so they have all the instructions they need to complete the job. Also, you can use the @mention to address someone specifically.
- Add multiple projects
- Easy file sharing
- Time tracking
- Calendar View of all your tasks
- Supported on Android and iOS
- Gantt Charts to view all tasks
- 24/7 e-mail support
Teamwork Projects app is available in 4 pricing plans:
- Small Office. This plan is available for just $49 per month and gives you the ability to add 40 projects, 20 GB space and supports unlimited users.
- For $149 per month, you can add up to 200 projects with 100 GB space and unlimited users.
- The business plan is available for $249 per month. In the business plan, you can have 500 projects with 400 GB disk space and unlimited users.
- With the Enterprise plan, you get to add unlimited projects with 500 GB disk space and unlimited users. There is no pricing mentioned on their website for this plan.